Whether you are training at the gym, sitting on a Schwinn bike, or taking a hike/jog/run, motivational music is the single common denominator that can make or break your entire workout.
With applications like iTunes, Pandora, Iheartradio, and Spotify (my personal favorite which we will discuss!), you can listen to anything with the touch of a button. That makes having the perfect workout tunage E.A.S.Y. If you are willing to pay 10 bucks per month, you can get commercial free stream on Spotify. And it’s so worth it, because awesome music = awesome workouts, right?!?
Now, the fastest way to find playlists is to browse some of the genres, such as “Workout” & “Running”. This can be okay (sometimes), but if you want to get a bit more specific, I have compiled 7 various Spotify stations below for you to try.
Here are my top 7 motivational workout playlists on Spotify
I have included some additional info to give you ideas & options for perfect workout music.
- Calvin Harris – This station has the beats of David Guetta, Major Laser, and Daft Punk. It’s good energy for cardio like running or cycling, as well as hustling that last round for time.
- Moth Into Flame – If you need something a little heavier, look no more because you will find exactly what you need here to squeeze out those last few reps to make your biceps SCREAM (No joke). Lots of Slayer, Metallica and Iron Maiden. Rock On!
- The 00’s radio – A little bit of everything that is current pop–Kanye, Lady Gaga, Jason Mraz, and Flo-Rida. You won’t be judged for choosing this station, however, you have to promise not to sing along while you’re squatting. Please and thank you.
- Joywave radio – Fairly up beat Alternative, with a good mix of artists including Misterwives, Walk the Moon and the Neighborhood. Great if you’re just looking to listen to something different and upbeat.
- Britney Spears radio – Because it’s Britney y’all! No explanation needed.
- Walk radio — Undeniably, Dave Grohl is awesome, and if you like the Foo Fighters, then this one’s for you. There is a nice blend of rock, but the only perplexing thing about this station is the appearance of the band Creed. Just stay focused on your set & skip those songs!
- Kiiara radio—Here you will find many cool tunes from the Chainsmokers, Lucas Graham and gnash. This is perfect for a cool down and stretching, or maybe even a VERY slow workout. I guess a slow workout is better than no work out at all. Right?!?
So there you go…now tune in, get motivated, get moving and enjoy!!